As you begin to think about expreiential learning opportunities for Spring Term 2021, please keep in mind that there is still much uncertainty about the Spring Term University Posture. The Department of Psychology will update the experiential learning opportunities pages as we get close to Spring Term enrollment.
The categories listed below are used as a means of organization. Please do not overlook any sites because of the categories.
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
- Peoples Oakland
- WPIC Acute Adolescent Partial & Intensive Outpatient Programs +
- Gateway Rehabilitation Center +
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Pittsburgh +
- Gwen's Girls +
- Highmark Caring Place + *
- The Children's Institute +
- The Day School at The Children's Institute +
- Family Resources
- UPMC Shadyside: Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- West Penn Hospital: Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Allegheny General Hospital: Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- The Education Partnership Development & Outreach
- The Education Partnership Marketing & Communication
- The Education Partnership Program Management
- National Aviary Marketing & Communication
- National Aviary Philanthropy
- University of Pittsburgh Career Center Marketing Placement
- Dunkin Donuts & The Heartland Restaurant Group
- Olson Zaltman Associates
* Require or recommend a 2-term commitment. Click on each site for more information.
+ Require clearances. These clearances can take 4-6 weeks to process, so apply for them as soon as you obtain a position. Please note that some sites may also require a current TB test and/or FBI fingerprint check. Information about clearances can be found here.
TB tests are available either from your personal doctor or the Allegheny County Health Department, 3441 Forbes Ave.(412-687-2243) Additional information regarding site requirements is provided under each site link and should be discussed during initial interview with site supervisor prior to registration for PSY 1900.