"I really like being involved in interesting marketing projects with clients and products I am familiar with. It is interesting to see what consumers say in the transcripts and see what consumer insights can be derived from the analyses."
Olson Zaltman Associates
938 Penn Avenue, Suite 800
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Contact Person: Sasha Aquino, email@example.com
Areas of Interest: Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Cultural Anthropology, Decision Sciences, Sociology, Marketing and Business Psychology, Consumer Neuroscience
Who we are:
Olson Zaltman Associates is a marketing research and consulting firm with an office in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our client list includes many Fortune 500 companies both in the United States and worldwide. Olson Zaltman Associates’ research involves the use of our exclusive qualitative tool, ZMET (the Zaltman Metaphor Elicitation Technique). ZMET is a patented research method based on the latest research in the social and biological sciences, and is designed to uncover “hidden knowledge” – the underlying beliefs and feelings that influence the behavior of consumers and other stakeholders.
This internship will give students an introduction to a wide array of marketing research functions. Interns are welcome to participate in brainstorming sessions, project discussions, and staff meetings, and perform analysis and prepare slides that directly impact project reports. The position will be supervised by a Research Associate, and the intern will interact with Research Associates, Senior Research Associates, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and the Managing Director. Interns will be exposed to the entire research process and assist in analysis of interviews, digital image collages, and report preparation. This analysis will involve spotting trends and themes, deep metaphors, and editing interview transcripts. Other tasks will include administrative work and updating social media accounts. In most cases, internships can be tailored to suit the individual interest areas of each intern.
- An active, curious mind with a great attention to detail
- Good listening skills, able to pick up on subtle cues and pieces of information during a conversation
- Positive and friendly attitude, enjoys working closely with others
- The ability to work independently and to be selfmotivated when necessary
- A working knowledge of basic computer programs and social media management
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
To apply, email Danielle Schwartz a letter of interest and resume. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide a recommendation from a professor or former employer and a brief, current writing sample.
- Confidentiality agreement will have to be signed as part of internship
- Preference given to students who can work two days a week for at least four hours at a time.
- Located in downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible via public transportation
- Internships run on the semester schedule, and are offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. Preference is
- given to students who can commit to more than 1 term.
- Interns work a maximum of 16 hours a week. We offer compensation in the form of class credit or hourly pay.
fall, spring, and summer
Application Deadline for Fall Internship – July 1
Application Deadline for Spring Internship – November 1
Application Deadline for Summer Internship – March 1
Number of students per term: