University of Pittsburgh - Oakland Campus Chapter
Psi Chi is a large, prestigious, and well-recognized organization in the field of psychology. Its mission is to recognize and promote excellence in the science and application of psychology. Many of the most influential figures in the field have ties to Psi Chi. Aside from the instant recognition you will receive from joining, you will also have many opportunities to become active in the field and develop skills valued by admissions committees and employers. Psi Chi elects new Pitt chapter officers each year, creating exciting leadership opportunities as well.
Psi Chi recruits new members at the beginning of both fall (September) and spring (January) terms, followed by an induction ceremony about two months later. In order to be eligible for membership:
Students must meet all three of the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 in Psychology
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Minimum of 36 college coursework credits and minimum of 12 credits earned at the University of Pittsburgh
Students must meet one of the following two requirements:
- Completed 12 credits in Psychology (PSY) courses at the University of Pittsburgh and declared the Psychology major
- Completed 18 credits in Psychology (PSY) courses at the University of Pittsburgh as a non-major
Learn more about Psi Chi on the International Website or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
How to Apply:
- Go to https://www.psichi.org/
- Select “Join” (in the upper right corner) and complete the online application
- Application deadline for Spring 2022 Induction - Tuesday, January 31, 2023