General Education Requirements
As with all areas of the University, there are General Education requirements you will need to complete. Learn more about General Education Requirements »
Psychology Degree Requirements
In order to declare psychology as a major, you must:
- Complete PSY 0010 Introduction to Psychology AND
- Complete one of the required statistics courses (STAT 0200, 1000 or 1100) AND
- Be enrolled in PSY 0036 Research Methods Lecture
- All required pre-requisite courses must be completed with a 'C' or better.
To declare psychology or to add psychology to an existing major, please be sure to complete the Program Change Form found on the Personalized Advising website.
- The Program Change Form will be active and available shortly before spring and fall term enrollment begins (October and March).
- The deadline to declare a new major is the first Friday of each fall and spring terms.
- Once this deadline has passed, the link to declare will be inactive until the next enrollment period.
All students should feel free to talk through any questions or concerns with a psychology advisor via drop in, email, or by scheduling an appoinment.
Remember: to earn a degree in psychology at the University of Pittsburgh, you must also meet the following general education requirements: