"I would absolutely recommend this facility to other students. It really becomes somewhat like a home. You get to know everyone and grow closer and closer to members and staff. Also, you learn a lot about the mental health system and how people live with their various mental disorders."
3433 Bates Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-683-7140 x 225
email@example.com, 412-683-7140 x223
Areas of Interest: Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work
Description of Site:
Peoples Oakland strives to be a premier recovery and wellness center, and is committed to holistic, comprehensive, member driven recovery. Guiding all Peoples Oakland services and activities is a philosophy of Recovery based on real life experiences nurtured by peer support, hope, self-help and collaborative relationships with professionals. Peoples Oakland continues as a leader in providing Recovery based comprehensive psychiatric and social rehabilitation services for Allegheny County adults with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
Duties of Students:
- Assist in daily operations in our Social Center - talking to members, assisting them with questions or concerns, and attending to Social Center needs while being supervised by masters-level staff.
- Attend group counseling sessions lead by masters-level staff.
- Attend outings and field trips to assist with program needs.
Additional Site Requirements:
- Students must be passionate about and interested in mental health counseling, social work, or psychology.
- Students must conduct themselves professionally and appropriately.
- Interested students can email a resume and short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms offered: Fall, Spring and Summer
Number of Students: 2-4, depending on counselor availability to take on a undergraduate intern