"I really like being involved in interesting marketing projects with clients and products I am familiar with. It is interesting to see what consumers say in the transcripts and see what consumer insights can be derived from the analyses."
Olson Zaltman Associates
6 PPG Place, Suite 640
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Contact Person: Jake Wax - firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Interest: Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Cultural Anthropology, Decision-Sciences, Sociology, Marketing and Business Psychology, Consumer Neuroscience
Who we are:
Olson Zaltman Associates is a marketing research and consulting firm with an office in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our client list includes many Fortune 500 companies both in the United States and worldwide. Olson Zaltman Associates’ research involves the use of our exclusive qualitative tool, ZMET (the Zaltman Metaphor Elicitation Technique). ZMET is a patented research method based on the latest research in the social and biological sciences, and is designed to uncover “hidden knowledge” – the underlying beliefs and feelings that influence the behavior of consumers and other stakeholders.
This internship will give students an introduction to a wide array of marketing research functions. Interns are welcome to participate in brainstorming sessions, project discussions, and staff meetings, and perform analysis and prepare slides that directly impact project reports. The position will be supervised by a Research Associate, and the intern will interact with Research Associates, Senior Research Associates, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and the Managing Director.
Interns will be exposed to the entire research process and assist in analysis of interviews and report preparation. This analysis will involve spotting trends and themes, deep metaphors, and editing interview transcripts. Other tasks will include administrative work and updating social media accounts. We offer a mentorship program to our interns to help them get the most out of their time with the company.
- An active, curious mind with a great attention to detail
- Good listening skills, able to pick up on subtle cues and pieces of information during a conversation
- Positive and friendly attitude, enjoys working closely with others
- The ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Proficiency across both Microsoft office and google drive tools
- Students must be able to commit to working for at least 4 hours per work day
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program with a minimum of 3.0 GPA
To apply, email Jake Wax a letter of interest and resume. Please specify that you are applying for a credited
- Confidentiality agreement will have to be signed as part of internship
- Preference given to students who can work for longer duration across fewer week days. I.e. Three 5-hour days is preferred over five 3-hour days
- Located in downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible via public transportation
- Internships run on the semester schedule, and are offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. There is the possibility of continuing the internship into following semesters if things go well.
- Interns work a maximum of 16 hours a week.
fall, spring, and summer
Number of students per term: