"I create numerous things that are needed by the company such as flyers, cards, newsletters and instruction sheets. I must get these approved by the appropriate department before they are used. I also gather information when needed such as doing inventory counts for the company. I also help with media promotions, and are there for support during meetings with general managers. "
Heartland Restaurant Group
Address: 40 24th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Areas of Interest:
Social psychology; marketing and business related psychology; behavioral research
Who we are:
The Heartland Restaurant Group is the franchisee group that has brought the resurgence of Dunkin’ Donuts to the Southwestern Pennsylvania region. Our development of people and our support within our local communities continues to play an important role in our organization and with our staff.
We strive to bring out the best in one another and are consistent bringing operational excellence to each other and our guests. As a result, we have been one of Pittsburgh’s “Best Places to Work” and “Fastest Growing Retailers” over the past few years.
Dunkin’ Donuts® is the symbol of delightful, fun food made special for you – carefully crafted and uniquely prepared like only the bakers at Dunkin Donuts can do. Our goal is simple: serve America’s favorite coffee and baked goods with a smile. The Heartland Restaurant Group is the regional franchisee of more than 39 Dunkin’ Donuts locations across southwestern Pennsylvania and we are proud of the good work our team members do in our communities for the folks we serve.
This position is designed for a student interested in learning about web analytics, behavioral research, and marketing strategies as they relate to Dunkin’ Donuts’ business. Reporting to the Field Sr. Manager of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the execution of marketing strategies and initiatives to drive profitable business results in the region. This position coordinates and executes marketing campaigns and events at the local level that will drive customer traffic into Dunkin’ Donuts’ locations. Utilizing web analytics tools, he or she will work to establish Dunkin’ Donuts’ online presence and ensure there is local brand awareness at all events. The Marketing Specialist will provide ideas and feedback to the Sr. Manager of Marketing in order to grow the business from a grass roots approach by maximizing local market knowledge and competitive advantage.
Duties of Intern:
- Recommend optimization opportunities for the Dunkin’ Donuts’ website to improve the experience of current customers and draw in new customers.
- Analyzing customer behavior leading to insights that help run more compelling offers on the web.
- Managing and operating Dunkin’ Donuts’ accounts on several social media platforms to increase page traffic and interest.
- Create, develop, and execute marketing campaigns and strategies in order to grow the Region's business presence.
- Provide and recommend new marketing tactics to the Sr. Manager Marketing in response to competitive landscape.
- Ensure the national brand awareness is localized according to Region's business needs.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Behavioral Economics, or Psychology.
- Candidates should have background experience, skills, and/or education appropriate to position description.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.2 GPA and be currently enrolled in school or post-graduation of six months.
- Background checks are required for interns.
- Dunkin’ Donuts requires that individuals considered for internships are a minimum of 18 years of age and have the right to work in the United States.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Prior experience with Web Analytics tools preferred but not required.
- Creative thinking and conceptualization.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out simple instructions as well as deal with ambiguous and abstract concepts.
- Located in the Strip District; accessible by public transportation
- Dunkin’ Donuts is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Fall, Spring, and Summer
Number of Students: