Supervising Faculty: Stephen Manuck, Ph.D.
Contact: Stephen Manuck, Ph.D. , email@example.com
Area of Research: Health Psychology
Description of Research: We are conducting several studies aimed at using mobile technology to detect behavior and mood changes and to promote health behaviors during cancer treatment. These studies focus on patients with cancer who are undergoing or who have completed surgery or chemotherapy. Our research uses smartphones and wearable sensors to track changes in physical activity, stress, and symptoms during treatment.
Duties of Students:
- Preparing study documents
- Entering and managing data
- Communicating with study participants by phone, email, or mail
- Conducting bibliographic searches and literature reviews
- Attending weekly lab meetings
- If interested, analyzing data to write honors thesis and/or papers
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 12 credits of Psychology (including current term)
- STAT 0200/1000/1100 Statistics
- PSY 0036 Research Methods Lecture
- PSY 0037 Research Methods Lab