"Working with SHARE provided valuable experience in social justice work, put me in contact with numerous people and organizations and deepened my relationships with others, and gave me a better understanding of my own abilities as well as confidence in those abilities."
Student Affairs/Counseling Center
Nordenberg Hall, Wellness Center (Second Floor)
Michele Welker, Coordinator
Areas of Interest: Public health/policy, counseling psychology, social work, higher education administration
S.H.A.R.E. provides individual and group counseling for University students who have experienced sexual victimization. Students will work as peer educators for an outreach program sponsored by S.H.A.R.E. Applicants should be interested in raising awareness about sexual assault and reducing its occurrence at Pitt.
Duties of Students:
- Send e-mail letter of interest (stating that you are a Psychology major at the University of Pittsburgh interested in the internship) and resume to contact person
- Interns will be responsible for the development and presentation of sexual assault awareness programs for freshmen studies classes and other groups as requested
- Assist in the creation of brochures and posters to educate the campus community about sexual assault and contributing factors
- Assist with the continued training of peer educators
- Create newsletters and training manuals
- Participation as a team member with other professionals and interns
fall and spring
Number of Students:
1 per term