Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Minority Achievers Award, TALK Magazine, Pittsburgh, PA, October 19, 2012.
- Recipient of the Community Leadership Award presented at the Urban League of Pittsburghs Ronald H. Brown Leadership and Awards Gala, Pittsburgh, PA, December 2, 2011.
- Recipient of an award from the faculty and staff of Grand Valley State University during the Race in America: Restructuring Inequality Conference, June 4, 2010.
- Invited by the Israel Studies Institute for an academic visit to Tel Aviv & Jerusalem, Israel, June, 2009.
- Selected by the New Pittsburgh Courier, 50 Men of Excellence, 2009.
- Recipient of the YWCA Racial Justice Award in Education, November 30, 2007, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Recipient of the 2007 Chancellors Affirmative Action Award, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
Interracial group dynamics, the impact of race, gender, and class on interpersonal interactions, youth, African American family formation; and academic achievement.
Scott, L.D., Jr., Davis, L.E. (2006) Young, black, and male in foster care: Relationship of social contextual experiences to factors relevant to mental health service delivery, Journal of Adolescence, 29(5), 721-736.
Williams, J.H. Davis, L.E. Johnson, S. Williams, T. Saunders, J. & Nebbit, V. (2007) Substance Use and Academic Performance Among African American High School Students, Social Work Research, 31(3), 151-161.
Davis, L.E. and Bangs, R. (2007) The Center on Race and Social Problems at the University of Pittsburgh, Journal on Research on Social Work Practice, 17,(5), 632-634.
Vaughn, M.G., Wallace, J.M.,Davis, L.E., Fernandes, G. & Howard, M.O. (2007) Variations in mental health problems, substance use, and delinquency among African American and Caucasian juvenile offenders: implications for reentry services. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 10, 10:1-20.
Mizrahi, T. and Davis, L.E., Editors-in-Chief (2008) Encyclopedia of Social Work, 20th Edition, NASW Press/Oxford University Press.
Davis, L.E., Wallace, J. and Shanks, T. (2008) Overview on African Americans, Encyclopedia of Social Work, 20th Edition, NASW Press/Oxford University Press, p. 65-75.
Vaughn, M. G., Wallace, J., Davis, L. E., Fernandes, G., & Howard, M. O., (2008) Variations in mental health problems, substance use and delinquency between African-American and White juvenile offenders: Implications for reentry services. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 52(3), 311-329.
Davis, L.E. Prologue: Race and Social Problems (2009), l (1), 1-2.
Eack, S. M., Bahorik, A. L., Newhill, C. E., Neighbors, H. W., & Davis, L. E. (2012) Interviewer-perceived honesty mediates racial disparities in the diagnosis of schizophrenia, Psychiatric Services, 63 (9) 875-880.